February was a short month, but it felt extra-long thanks to our ultra-cold, stormy weather here. I read 6 books last month:
- Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern, a teen/YA audio book (CA)
- Wool by Hugh Howey, adult fiction (GA)
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel, an adult graphic memoir (PA)
- A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra, adult fiction (Chechnya)
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman, teen/YA audio book (WA)
- Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult, adult fiction (CA)
Six books in all, a decent showing for a short month, including 3 adult fiction, 1 graphic novel, and 2 teen/YA audio books. Picking a favorite is harder than usual this month. I absolutely loved Wool, but my #1 pick has to be A Constellation of Vital Phenomena, as both a moving, compelling read and a literary masterpiece. I enjoyed all six books, and I had plenty of variety last month.
Update on 2015 Reading Challenges:I added just two new states and one country to my 2015 Where Are You Reading Challenge. In the first two months of the year, I've read 3 books set in California and 2 set in Washington state, so I need to get off the West Coast! I added just one book to my Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2015. I listened to two more audio books for my 2015 Audio Book Challenge, and added one more memoir to my 2015 Nonfiction Reading Challenge. No classics last month. And for my Travel the World in Books Challenge, started in September 2014, I added Chechnya.
What was your favorite book(s) read in February?