I really enjoyed tackling some big books the last few summers, and I'm looking forward to doing it again and finally reading some of these bricks that have been collecting dust on my shelf (NOTE: for this challenge, a Big Book is defined as anything with more than 400 pages).
I don't know if I will get to all of these, but I like to have some options to choose from. These are all currently on my shelves, waiting patiently to be read (along with many others!). I actually chose 6 this year because none of them are 700-1000 pages long, as in previous years - these are all in the 400-550 page range:
- Emma by Jane Austen, 487 pages (I have never read a Jane Austen!)
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer, 538 pages
- Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver, 444 pages
- Good Fortune by Noni Carter, 482 pages
- Unsouled by Neal Schusterman, 404 pages
- Fly By Night by Frances Hardinge, 483 pages
I'm so excited for summer now! I still have two more book group books to read before I dig into these, but I am looking forward to it.
How about you? Are you up for tackling a Big Book (or two or three) this summer? Join me and sign up for the Big Book Summer Challenge!