Hey, it's only May 13, and I'm getting to my April summary. That's not too bad for me, compared to recent months! April seemed to go by in a flash, and our weather skipped from winter directly to summer, with only a few weeks of nice spring temperatures.
But it was a great reading month! Here's what I read:
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera (Czechoslovakia), fiction
- Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick (New Jersey), novel
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys (Louisiana), YA novel
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (India), novel
- Loud Awake and Lost by Adele Griffin (New York), YA audio book
- The Carpet People by Terry Pratchett, fantasy audio book - all ages
So, that's 6 books total, all fiction and two were audio books. My favorite book was Silver Linings Playbook, though Out of the Easy was a close runner-up.
Update on 2014 Reading Challenges:I added just one state (New Jersey) and two new countries to my Where Are You Reading Challenge 2014 this month. I didn't read a single book from my TBR shelves for my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, and I just added 5 new books from Mother;s Day plus another library book to my shelf today - they are piling up! I listened to two more audio books for my 2014 Audio Book Challenge, so that one's going well so far. No more nonfiction books this month, but I am counting The Unbearable Lightness of Being as a modern classic for my Classics Reading Challenge 2014, so that makes a total of...ONE so far!
What was your favorite book read in April?