Someday, I hope to attend the annual Book Expo America (BEA) in person, but for now, I enjoy participating in Armchair BEA from home, joining in the bookish fun this week!
Today's topic is Introductions, so I have chosen 5 of the intro questions to answer so that you can get to know me and my blog better:
- Please tell a little about yourself. OK, My name is Sue Jackson, and this is my book blog, Book By Book! I grew up in Rochester, NY, used to live in New Orleans, and now call Delaware home. I also write a blog about living with chronic illness. I started this book blog in 2006 - wow, that's 8 years now! For most of those years, I also maintained a second book blog, Great Books for Kids and Teens. Even though I recently merged the two blogs into this one, you can still find hundreds of archived reviews for kids/teens/YA there. Here is my very first Book By Book post that explains why I started blogging about books.
- Describe your blog in one sentence, with links to social media. Book By Book features reviews of good books for both adults and for middle-grade, teen, and YA readers. Like Book By Book on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.
- Favorite book read last year and so far this year? My favorite book overall last year was The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson - blew me away! You can see the rest of my 2013 Top Ten here. My favorite so far this year? That's a tougher one...I guess I would choose Moloka'i by Alan Brennert as my favorite adult novel so far and Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys as my favorite YA (that's not cheating, is it??)
- Share your favorite book. It's hard to pick just one, but one of my favorite books for the past 20 years now has been Replay by Ken Grimwood. It's about a guy who keeps reliving part of his life over and over again, making different choices each time, and I find it so thought-provoking! I've read it three times so far and love it just as much each time.
- Some of my favorite blogs. These are a few of my favorite book blogs - their authors feel like friends to me by now!
Tanya at Girlxoxo
Anne at My Head is Full of Books
Julie at My Book Retreat
Tanya at Mom's Small Victories
So, that's me! Leave your link if you are also participating in Armchair BEA - I'd love to get to know you, too!