Friday, May 25, 2018

My 2018 Big Book Summer

I have just announced the 7th year of my annual reading challenge, Big Book Summer Challenge, so I guess I should be the first to sign up!

I always enjoy tackling some big books in the summer, and I'm looking forward to doing it again and finally reading some of these bricks that have been collecting dust on my shelf (NOTE: for this challenge, a Big Book is defined as a book with 400 pages or more).

I don't know if I will get to all of these, but I like to have some options to choose from. These are all currently on my shelves, waiting patiently to be read (along with many others!):
  • Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (599 pages)  
  • The City of Mirrors (#3 in The Passage trilogy) by Justin Cronin (602 pages)
  • Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (740 pages)
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (457 pages)
  • The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (405 pages)
  • City of Savages by Lee Kelly (406 pages)
I like to alternate between grown-up books and kids/teen/YA books, so I have three of each on this list. All of these also qualify for my Mount TBR reading Challenge 2018 (which is good because I'm not doing very well on it so far this year). I doubt I will get through all of these (and one of my book groups is choosing a hefty one for July, too), but I will try! Oddly, all of these could be classified as sci fi, though they are all quite different.

I've just started The 5th Wave, so my Big Book Summer is officially kicked off!

How about you? Are you up for tackling a Big Book (or two or three) this summer?  Join me and sign up for the 2018 Big Book Summer Challenge! The rules, details, and link-ups are on that page.

(Note: You don't need a blog to participate - you can either leave a comment on the Challenge page or sign up in the 2018 Big Book Summer Goodreads group.

4 comments:

  1. So lovely looking choices! I've only read The Fifth Wave, which I enjoyed. I started my first book for the challenge today - Macbeth by Jo Nesbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5th Wave is on our shelves and I have loved Scott Westerfeld in the past so good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Dragonfly in Amber on my TBR, too! I recently finished The 5th Wave and really enjoyed it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a hefty list. Good luck! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete