Friday, October 17, 2014

Books Read in September





Hmmm...October 17...not quite as late as my August summary was - I think I'm catching up...maybe.


I read a lot of books in September, after devoting my summer mostly to Big Books. Banned Books Week was also in September, which influenced my reading choices. Here's what I read last month:
  • The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo, fantasy/historical fiction (Malaysia)
  • The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson, teen/YA audio (Wisconsin)
  • The Thing About Luck by Cynthia Kadohata, middle-grade fiction (Texas) 

 
  • The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor, teen/YA audio 
  • Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer, teen/YA audio (Vermont) 


So, that's eight books in total - a lot for one month for me! Four of those were teen/YA novels, two were middle-grade novels, and just two were adult novels - all fiction. I listened to three audio books last month - I am really tearing through audios quickly now that I listen on my iPod and finally have a new stereo in my '92 VW with an iPod dock (how modern!). It's always hard to choose a favorite. How about a favorite for each age category? That would be The Thing About Luck for middle-grade, Belzhar for teen/YA, and The Catcher in the Rye for adult fiction. As you can see from the missing links, I am still behind on my reviews (but catching up) - I covered both Alice books in one review.

I added three new states to my Where Are You Reading Challenge 2014 this month and one new country. I read just 2 more books from my TBR shelves for my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge in September which brings me to only 8 for the whole year - no wonder they just keep piling up! I listened to three more audio books for my 2014 Audio Book Challenge - I am rocking that one. No nonfiction last month, but I added one book for The Classics Reading Challenge. And for my new Travel the World in Books Challenge, just started in September, I read two books so far.

What was your favorite book(s) read in September? 

No comments:

Post a Comment