Saturday, October 19, 2013

Snapshot Saturday 10/19

Snapshot Saturday is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.

I am finally coming out of a multi-week period of illness (exposure to my son's cold + bronchitis + a severe flare-up of my immune disorder) and trying to get caught up on blogging...and life! I spent over two weeks mostly horizontal on our couch, so it is nice to be upright again and back in the world. It was such a thrill to go to the library and the grocery store yesterday!

So, today's photos are a peek into how I spent my last two weeks. Being so sick for so long can really be a downer emotionally, so I tried to get out on our deck whenever the weather was nice enough - lying in my chair with a book and a blanket - good medicine!

Early fall colors and my comfy reading chair on the deck.

The view from my chair!

Don't forget that you can now find Book By Book on Facebook to stay up to date on reviews and posts and interact with other book lovers!

Enjoy the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better! Although lying on a deck with a book definitely sounds like making the best of the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better, now. Such a good idea to get outdoors, even if its just your own deck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long illnesses come with a lot of emotional baggage - so well done for keeping on and coming through the other side of it.
    You have a lovely spot for relaxing in though, so that's half the battle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sometimes those bugs hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot to say - That looks like a nice place to read and enjoy the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete