Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Top Ten Travel-Related Books

It's Tuesday and that means it's Top Ten Day over at The Broke and the Bookish. I haven't had much time for participating in Top Ten Tuesday lately, but I just had to jump in on this one because I love to travel and I love books that are about traveling. We usually take a long road trip each summer, and I absolutely love to read a book about a road trip while we are traveling.

So, here are My Top Ten Books with Travel Themes:

You can see that many of these are memoirs and some are not necessarily about traveling per se but have the ability to transport the reader to a different place as an armchair traveler.


I would love to hear about your favorite books with a travel theme - anyone know of other great roadtrip novels for me??

(I listed favorite kids/teen/YA travel-themed books over at Great Books for Kids and Teens.)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I haven't read any of these...but apparently that's how today is going for me. Every blog I visit has a list full of books I haven't read. Who know I had something against travel? :) JK!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of interesting sounding books here and they aren't the same ones I saw on many of the other Top Ten Tuesdays! I'm going to read your review of the book by Queen Noor. It might find a place on my tbr list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got three new titles from your list and am very happy about that! A book you might be interested in is "Corked", about a woman and her father driving through France touring vineyards. My review of it is here: http://ordinaryreader.blogspot.ca/2011/12/corked.html

    ReplyDelete