Friday, April 22, 2016

Books Read in March

Still running behind on my monthly summaries, but I gain a few days each month! It took me a while to catch up on all of my book reviews from March because it was an extra-good reading month for me, both in quantity and quality. Here's what I read:
 

  • The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood, adult fiction (RI, France) - reviewed for Publishers Weekly (not yet posted but will be at the link when it is)



So, seven books in all, which is a lot for me! And three nonfiction books in one month? Definitely a record for me - and only one of them was a memoir. Two books were teen/YA; the rest were for adults. I listened to two of the seven on audio. I enjoyed every one of these, but Station Eleven was my hands-down favorite - not just for this month but so far for this year and probably in my all-time top ten. I also loved Becoming Maria.

Progress on 2016 Reading Challenges:
This is my favorite part of my monthly summary - updating my Reading Challenges! Still not much progress on my Read Your Own Damn Books Challenge - only two of these were TBR books from my shelf! For the Monthly Motif Reading Challenge, March was Take a Trip month - I read two books set at least partly in Canada and one set partly in France. I read an astounding three nonfiction books for my 2016 Nonfiction Reading Challenge, but STILL no classics for the 2016 Classics Challenge! For my Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge, I read books set in Canada and France.  I am also tracking the states my books are set in, even though there is no Where Are You Reading challenge this year - I added 4 new states this month!

For my March Bookish Bingo (hosted by Chapter Break), I filled 12 of the 25 squares on my Bingo card with these books:
  • The New Jim Crow - Historical setting
  • How to Live Well with Chronic Pain & Illness - Green on the cover, Shelf-love book (TBR)
  • The Good Luck of Right Now - Irish, Blue cover, Humor, Alien, Trope (making your own family)
  • Becoming Maria - Birthday, Family dinner
  • The Book That Matters Most - Spring
  • Free space!


What were your favorite books read in March?

No comments:

Post a Comment