You can see on my introduction post from May (and in the photo here) that I planned to read 5 Big Books this summer (each over 400 pages). I did meet my goal and read 5 Big Books, but I made a swap at the last minute, skipping over Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon for now, so that I had time to read The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness because I was enjoying the Chaos Walking series so much! I won't wait for next summer's Big Book Challenge to finish this trilogy!
I read and reviewed these 5 Big Books this summer:
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, 552 pages (a re-read for a book group)
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, 479 pages
- Defending Jacob by William Landay, 421 pages
- The Twelve by Justin Cronin, 564 pages
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness,
I thoroughly enjoyed tackling these Big Books this summer, and I hope you did, too. If you didn't participate this summer, there is always next year!