I have just announced the second year of my challenge, Big Book Summer Challenge, so I guess I should be the first to sign up!
I really enjoyed tackling some big books the last few summers, and I'm looking forward to doing it again and finally reading some of these bricks that have been collecting dust on my shelf (NOTE: for this challenge, a Big Book is defined as anything with more than 400 pages).
I don't know if I will get to all of these, but I like to have some options to choose from. These are all currently on my shelves, waiting patiently to be read:
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, 552 pages
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, 479 pages
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, 743 pages
- Defending Jacob by William Landay, 421 pages
- The Twelve by Justin Cronin, 564 pages
How about you? Are you up for tackling a Big Book (or two) this summer? Join me and sign up for the Big Book Summer Challenge!