Tuesday, June 01, 2021

New E-Mail List


I just wanted to post a quick note to all of my blog readers who subscribe by e-mail and receive these posts in their e-mail.

The old e-mail list provider, Feedburner, will no longer be providing this service as of July, so I have (with a lot of time and a lot of help from my friend at Completely Full Bookshelf!) moved the list over to a new provider, Mailchimp.

The first Mailchimp e-mail should have gone out at 4 pm today ( a few minutes ago), and after I post this note, I will de-active the old Feedburner list ... so you may get two different e-mails of yesterdays' posts.

From now on, however, you'll continue to get just one notification when a new blog post is posted, and the new e-mails from Mailchimp should have a nicer, more modern look and more features.

In addition to receiving the blog posts via e-mail, I may occasionally use the e-mail list to send out an extra notification, tell you about a giveaway or other special event, or perhaps, someday when I have the time (ha ha), even send a monthly newsletter. But, do not fear getting too many e-mails from me (except for this week, when there may be doubles) - I just don't have the time! And I will never sell or share your e-mail address.

So, if you are signed up for e-mails, you should continue receiving them but they will look slightly different (better). If you were signed up, but your e-mails stop (I did have to delete some "unverified" addresses) or if you were not signed up for e-mails and you'd like to be, just enter your address into the Subscribe by E-Mail box at the top of the sidebar.

That's it! I look forward to continuing to pop up in your Inbox!


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you were able to get this up and running, and I appreciate the shout-out! I look forward to seeing more of your great posts in my inbox, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need to do this. Are you paying for Mailchimp? Is it automatically sending out an email like Feedburner did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I went with MailChimp in part because their plan is free for up to 2000 subscribers. Some services start charging at 1000, and I am already up above that for both of my blogs (14 years is a long time to collect subscribers!). And, yes, it is automatically sending out my posts now, just like Feedburner did - only they look better with the editing functions Mailchimp includes. If you decide to move forward, check out that video that Completely Full Bookshelf (up above) posted - it includes detailed step-bystep instructions. A few are specific to Blogger but it will be helpful to anyone transitioning from Feedburner to Mailchimp.

      Sue

      Delete
    2. Helen - after less than a week with Mailchimp, I found out I will have to find another service :( Though it has a max. of 2000 e-mails on the free plan, and I only have 1250, it (and many other services) also has a max limit for number of e-mails sent per month of 10,000. With 1250 sunscribers, that means I can only send 8 e-mails a month, and I usually have 4-5 new posts a WEEK on my blog! So, it looks like I will have to pay for a service and my search continues to get the most for my money. I really can't afford to spend money on my blog, as this one doesn't earn any money (and my other one, only a tiny bit), so this is really discouraging.

      Delete