Monday, January 11, 2016

Newberry, Caldecott & Printz Honors Announced!

This morning, the American Library Association announced winner's of the Newberry, Caldecott, and Printz Honors, as well as other awards for childrens' and teen/YA books.

You can read the full list of winners on Publisher's Weekly. Here are a few of the winners that I have reviewed here on the blog:

Laura Ruby won the 2016 Michael L. Printz Award for Bone Gap, a teen/YA novel that I listened to on audio and reviewed this summer.

One of three Newberry Honor books named was Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan, a wonderful middle-grade novel that I just recently listened to on audio and reviewed. Fittingly, Echo also won the Odyssey Honor for Excellence in Audiobook production. Both awards were very well-deserved!

George by Alex Gino, another wonderful middle-grade novel that I listened to on audio recently, won the Stonewall Book Award, for children’s and YA books of exceptional merit relating to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender experience. I will be posting my review of George later this week.

Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt won a Schneider Family Book Award, for books that embody an artistic expression of the disability experience (it's about a young girl with undiagnosed dyslexia). I also listened to that middle-grade novel on audio - here's my review.

I'm glad that I've already read a few of the winners, but there are many more outstanding books that won awards that I still need to get to!

Have you read any of the award winners? Which ones did you particularly like?

No comments:

Post a Comment