Saturday, December 08, 2012

Saturday Snapshot 12/8

At Home with Books hosts Saturday Snapshot.

We've had unseasonably warm weather this week, so on Wednesday, I got out for a short hike with a good friend at a local nature center and enjoyed the warm temperatures, the walk, and the company!  Though I miss the brilliant colors of fall, I found beauty in the winterish landscape:

Most of the leaves have fallen, except these that turned brown and stayed on the tree.

This huge sycamore tree is my sons' favorite for climbing

The stream and waterfall are beautiful anytime of year

Our beloved local covered bridge.

 Hope you got outdoors to enjoy nature this week!  Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely nature shots. That is one huge sycamore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore covered bridges....and whenever I see one, I want to watch The Bridges of Madison County...AGAIN.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great outdoor photos. I did get outdoors some this week, I walked my MIL's dog. It was icy and a bit treacherous underfoot. But I like the way snow changes the landscape, even if there is just an inch or so. And "Emma" loves running her nose in the smow like a miniature snowplow. My Post is Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from Ohio where the fall colors are amazing, but now I live in Florida where they're almost non existent, so I love seeing those photos! Looks like your son picked a perfect tree for climbing. LOVE the water fall!!
    Here’s My SS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Fall/Winter photos. The starkness is fascinating to me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sycamore looks GREAT for climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is beauty in the natural spareness. Your photos capture the "feel" of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tree does look perfect for climbing - they must have a lot of fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat! I like winter nature photos for the vistas and the contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why your son would love to climb the sycamore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sycamore looks like a great climbing tree!

    ReplyDelete