Thursday, December 06, 2012

Books Read in November

November was a lovely month here in Delaware, with bright colors in the trees and lots of blue skies.  It was also a good reading month for me, but a very unusual one.  I spent most of the month reading just one book!  Technically, I shouldn't include it on my November list because I'm not completely finished yet, but I plan to finish it this weekend, and I need to have something to show for the month of November!

This month I (mostly) read:
  • The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian, my spooky Halloween read, finished in early November.
  • The View From Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg, a middle-grade audio book.
  • Middlemarch by George Eliot, read for one of my book groups, with still about 70 pages left to go now!
See what I mean?  Thank goodness I had an audio book going at the same time as Middlemarch or I wouldn't have finished anything in November!  As it was, I read one modern novel, listened to one kids' audio book, and have worked my way (almost) through one very hefty classic.  I enjoyed them all, though The Night Strangers was probably my favorite for this month.

I made only a little progress in my 2012 Reading Challenges.  I added New Hampshire (The Night Strangers) to my Where Are You Reading Challenge.  But I read nothing at all off my TBR shelves last month - very bad!

What was your favorite book read in November?

No comments:

Post a Comment