Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top Ten Kids/Teen Authors I'd Love to Meet


It's Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish!  Today's topic is an intriguing one - authors I'd like to meet.  I put some thought into this one and didn't just choose my favorite book authors (though many of them are) but ones I thought would be interesting to meet and talk with.
Here is my list of Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Meet:
  1. Rebecca Wells – I want to sit with her on a big porch, eat Cajun food, and talk to her about Louisiana, our mutually favorite place.
  2. Jodi Picoult – I’d love to talk to her about all the thought-provoking issues she brings up in her novels.
  3. Ken Grimwood – he wrote my favorite book of all time, Replay, and I’d love to talk to him about how we’d live our replays.
  4. Janet Evanovich – seems like she’d be a lot of fun and lots of laughs!
  5. Nevada Barr – we share a love of national parks – I would love to talk to her about her experiences as a park ranger and her suspense novels set in parks.
  6. Michael J. Fox – I loved his memoirs and would love to talk to him about living with chronic illness.  Besides, he's got such a great sense of humor!
  7. Geraldine Brooks – I have loved every single one of her books.
  8. Toni Bernhard – this is sort of a cheat because I already know Toni well in the virtual world, but I would love to meet the author of the warm Zen guide How To Be Sick in person.
  9. Jennifer Haigh – I love her books.
  10. Stephen King – would be absolutely fascinating to chat with, don’t you think?

If you're interested in my list of Top Ten Authors of Kids/Teens/YA Books I'd Like to Meet, check out Great Books for Kids and Teens.

Which authors would YOU love to meet?

2 comments:

  1. I confess I'm not as familiar with the authors on this list as I am with the children's authors on your other list. I did like the Ya-Ya sisterhood, though.

    Also, I am relieved that you are home from your vacation in one piece. You had mentioned in an earlier blog that you had been sick and then *poof* nothing. Glad to know it was just vacation absence!

    I'm in Colorado right now with my husband who is at a conference. Today I went on a tour of the Celestial Seasonings tea Company with other spouses on conference participants and then out to lunch at a very unique tea room. It has been a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your concern, Anne. I was actually sick for a good part of our vacation, too, but we still enjoyed it.

    Lucky you!! I love both Colorado and Celestial Seasonings tea! A cousin of mine works for them in Boulder. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete