Thursday, September 02, 2010

Authors Featured on NPR Today

NPR's Radio Times featured a book lover's double-header today! 

The first hour was devoted to a discussion of the phenomenon of Stieg Larsson's wildly popular trilogy, starting with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.   The guests were the editor of the American editions and a mystery/thriller columnist and blogger.  I enjoyed the show so much that I sat in my car in the shopping center parking lot for a half hour!

The second hour of Radio Times featured an interview with Anna Quindlen, author (most recently) of the novel Every Last One.  This was a rebroadcast, and I had heard most of it before, but it's an excellent show.

From the links I've included here you can either download a podcast or listen on your computer.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't thrilled with Every Last One, but I do look forward to the Stieg Larsson series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been good, had you sitting for that long, great stuff.

    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your After You review, I read and commented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - thanks for giving the link to the NPR discussion on Stieg Larsson. Heading over there right now to download...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete