Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Amazon's Top 100 Books of 2009

I often post my own Top Ten list on Tuesdays, but today I thought I'd share another list: Amazon's list of Top 100 Books of 2009. They've actually posted lots of lists of top books for 2009 - Top 100 as voted by Amazon's editors, Top 100 customer's favorites, and lots of Top 10 lists for various genres.

Of the Amazon Editors' Top 100, I've only read two:
  • #14 - This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper (review to come in the next week)
  • #42 Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
And a few are on my short-list to-be-read stack:
  • #6 Crazy for the Storm (we have the audio version)
  • #19 The Help
  • #29 The Last Olympian (last book in the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series, a favorite of ours)
  • #62 Shiver (ironically, I picked this one up today and almost started it, then chose another!)
I'll have to get to these soon, plus the other 100! So many good books to read and so little time...

I had some fun looking through the lists and hope you will, too. I'll wait to post my own Top 10 of 2009 List until the new year - I still have two more months of reading! So, what do you think? Do you agree with Amazon's choices?

3 comments:

  1. I was going through google reader when your post came through : ) Here's my list of what's on Amazon's list:
    The Help (read it)
    This is where I leave you (read it)
    Juliet, Naked (have it, haven't read it)

    I've seen many of the books on their list but haven't been inclined to read most of them.

    Thanks for posting the links, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read five of the books. I'm reading one now and one is my book club book for next week (I need to hurry up and get to it). Here are the ones I've read, am reading or will read very soon:

    #16 Cutting for Stone - book club, next week
    #19 The Help - LOVED this one
    #20 Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - it was OK, not great
    #41 Angel's Game - reading now, like it so far
    #46 Scarecrow - good mystery
    #50 Lost City of Z - fascinating topic, bogged down in middle a bit
    #60 Forgotten Garden - just ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read The Help and Shiver. The Last Olympian and Catching Fire are on my bedside table. :-)

    ReplyDelete