Monday, July 13, 2009

It's Monday 7/13! What Are You Reading?



Wow, is it really July 13 already? Where's the summer going? We have piles of books taking over our house, so this morning my sons and I did a quick bookcase clean-out in their rooms. We now have a big box of books to donate, a big bag to give to younger cousins, and a lot more room on the bookcases!

Mostly this week, I (and our family) finished books I described in last week's post:
  • Pendragon, Book 8: The Pilgrims of Rayne by DJ MacHale - I LOVE this series! As soon as I finished it, I said to my son, "We have to get Book 9!"
  • Ordinary Boy Book 2: The Return of Meteor Boy? by William Boniface - very funny - see a review at my kids' book blog.
  • Audio book Jake Ransom and the Skull King's Shadow by James Rollins - we all loved it!
And I started a new memoir that is absolutely amazing so far:
  • Jantsen's Gift by Pam Cope - an incredible story of a woman who devoted herself to helping poor, orphaned kids around the world after her son died. I'll post a review when I finish it.
So, what are YOU reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. That memoir sound intreguing - I love a good memoir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've given you The Friendship/Let's Be Friends Award. You can head on over and pick it up at my blog, http://www.bookbirddog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete