Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Books Read in October

Hey, look at this - I'm finally catching up! I just did my September summary two weeks ago, and now I'm summarizing October.

I only read 5 books in October, but they were good ones - and mostly in the spooky/creepy vein for my annual Halloween reading!
  • A Paper Son by Jason Bucholz (CA, China), novel, reviewed for PW
  • The Cemetery Boys by Heather (Zac) Brewer (MI), teen/YA audio book
  • The Three by Sarah Lotz (South Africa, Japan, NY, TX, UK), novel

  • Dracula by Bram Stoker (Transylvania, UK), classic creepy novel on audio
  • The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann, middle-grade novel

All five of the books had at least an element of the supernatural which was lots of fun for October! Although I read all fiction, it was a nice variety of adult, teen/YA, middle-grade, classic, and audio. I've had a tough time choosing monthly favorites this year, and October was no exception - I enjoyed all of these very much! Dracula was especially good - a classic that was even better than I expected.

Update on 2015 Reading Challenges:
For my 2015 Where Are You Reading Challenge, didn't add any new states but added several new countries (South Africa/Japan and Transylvania) to my list. I read 2 books from my own shelves for my Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2015. I listened to two more audio books for my 2015 Audio Book Challenge, but nothing new for my 2015 Nonfiction Reading Challenge.  I added 1 more classic to my Back to the Classics Challenge. I added South Africa & Japan and Transylvania to my Travel the World in Books Challenge. And, best of all for fall, I read 4 more books for my R.I.P. X Challenge - spooky, creepy, thriller-ish fun!

What was your favorite book(s) read in October? 

1 comment:

  1. Nice batch. I've been wanting to read The Three.

    ReplyDelete