So, here are my favorite Top Ten Tuesday posts of the past - some that I came up with and some that The Broke and the Bookish hosted:
- Top Ten Books That Taught Me Something - when a book can both entertain you and open your eyes to new things, that is a special book.
- Top Ten Authors I've Never Read - the funny thing about this list of famous, sometimes classic authors that I'd never read back in 2009....is that I still haven't read 6 of them! But I did read 4 of them in the past 6 years, so I am making progress.
- Top Ten Book Group Books - I belong to several book groups and always enjoy discussing what I read - these 10 stand the test of time and are still great choices for any book group.
- Top Ten Books I Enjoyed More Than I Expected - one of the best things about book groups is that they often encourage me to read - and love - books I might not have ever tried on my own.
- Top Ten Books Read in 2009 - it's always fun to look back and see what I enjoyed reading years ago, and many of these are still favorites.
- Top Ten Debut Authors - Some interesting choices here and a bit of clairvoyance on my part, since some of these have since gone on to become very popular authors!
- Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition - still a great list of lesser-known authors/books, though some of these authors are now much more popular.
- Top Ten Books I'd Like to See Made Into Movies - well, two of these were made into movies (and I was right - I cried my eyes out watching Still Alice), but Hollywood needs to listen to me on the other 8!
- Top Ten Books That Tackle Tough Issues - still a good list, and these would all make great choices for book group discussions, too!
- Top Ten Travel-Related Books - just in time for summer, this list included both novels about traveling as well as memoirs with a strong sense of place.
NOTE: Many of my earlier lists on this list included links to similarly themed lists for kids and teens/YA, back when I used to maintain two book blogs.
What are your favorite Top Ten topics?