I'm finally getting around to making my best of 2009 list! This was a really great year for reading for me; it was hard to narrow my favorites down to just ten. These are all grown-up books. If you're also interested in books for kids, teens, and young adults, check out my Top Ten of 2009 List at Great Books for Kids and Teens.
So (drumroll, please), here are my Top Ten Books Read in 2009, in the order that I read them:
- The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
- The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
- The Girl She Used To Be by David Cristofano
- Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
- People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells
- The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Gumbo Tales: Finding My Way at the New Orleans Table by Sara Roahen
What were your favorite books of 2009?