Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Top Ten Books Read in 2009

TEN FOR TUESDAY

I'm finally getting around to making my best of 2009 list! This was a really great year for reading for me; it was hard to narrow my favorites down to just ten. These are all grown-up books. If you're also interested in books for kids, teens, and young adults, check out my Top Ten of 2009 List at Great Books for Kids and Teens.

So (drumroll, please), here are my Top Ten Books Read in 2009, in the order that I read them:
  1. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
  2. The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
  3. The Girl She Used To Be by David Cristofano
  4. Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo
  5. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
  6. People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
  7. The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells
  8. The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent
  9. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  10. Gumbo Tales: Finding My Way at the New Orleans Table by Sara Roahen
You can click through the links to read my full reviews.

What were your favorite books of 2009?

4 comments:

  1. Like your list of favs Sue. I read 5 of them and did enjoy them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I've read 5 of them and will be checking out the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I have not read a single book on your list! Some of my favorite books are The Magic of Ordinary Days, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society, The Hunger Games, and my all time favorite this year, The Book Thief. I'll have to refer to your list for future reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelli -

    The Hunger Games was one of my favorites, too, but I included it on my top ten list at www.greatbooksforkidsandteens.com

    And I'm dying to read The Guernsey Literary...book - everyone says it's wonderful!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete