Friday, October 04, 2013

Books Read in September


Wow, how can it be October already? September passed by in a blur of soccer games, school functions, and houseguests! I also enjoyed some really good books, though:
  • Hope's Boy by Andrew Bridge, a memoir about foster care (California)
  • The Fever Tree by Jennifer McVeigh, an historical novel (South Africa)
  • A Matter of Days by Amber Kizer, a teen/YA post-apocalyptic audiobook (Washington)

  • The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, a novel, an audio book (England)
  • Hold Fast by Blue Balliet, a middle-grade novel (Illinois)
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou, a memoir (Arkansas)



Great variety: two memoirs, five novels, 2 audio books; four books for adults, two for teens/YA, and one for middle-grade readers. I read some really amazing books this month. The last three - Hold Fast, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower - were among the best books I've read all year so far! If I have to pick a single favorite, I guess it would be Maya Angelou's memoir.

Update on 2013 Reading Challenges:
I added three new locations for my 2013 Where Are You Reading Challenge: Arkansas, Washington, and South Africa. I read nothing off my TBR shelf - oops! No wonder my books are piling up faster than I can read them. I listened to two audio books for the 2013 Audio Book Challenge, bringing my total up to 10 for this year so far. And I added two books to Those Books I Should Have Read 2013 Reading Challenge.

What were your favorite books read in September?

No comments:

Post a Comment