Tuesday, October 15, 2013

13 Creepy Books for October

October is Dangerous Reads month! If, like me, you enjoy reading some spooky, creepy books in October in preparation for Halloween, then check out this list from BookPage: 13 of the Year's Creepiest Books.

This is such an enticing list! I recently listened to The Ocean at the End of the Lane on audio and agree it is a good choice for October, with its supernatural coming-of-age story by story master Neil Gaiman.

My husband is currently reading NOS4A2 by Joe Hill and says it is reminding him of Stephen King (Hill is King's son - looks like he's inherited Dad's creepiness).

Of the others on this list, I am eager to read The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes - I love time travel plots, and this one sounds great! I have also been hearing lots of good things about John Boyne's latest, This House is Haunted.

Which of these 13 creepy books do you want to read?


No comments:

Post a Comment