Friday, January 20, 2023

2022 Reading Challenges Wrap-Up

Here's my annual recap of the reading challenges I participated in last year. I think I did pretty well, and I enjoyed all of these! I'll post the summaries below, and you can see the full lists of books I read for each challenge on my 2022 Reading Challenges page.

 

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2022 hosted by My Reader's Block

My goal: 48 books from my own shelves (Mt. Ararat)

Result: 33 books (counting only print books, not e-books or audios)

Try again this year!

 


2022 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge hosted by Girlxoxo.

Goal: 1 book for each Monthly Motif (12).

Result: I hit the target for 11 of the 12 months!

Close! Try again this year!

 

Back to the Classics Challenge 2022 hosted by Books and Chocolate.

Goal: Read 6 classics in 6 of the 12 categories

Result: I read 7 classics in all that fit into 6 categories.

Success!

 

2022 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge hosted by Escape with Dollycas Into a Good Book.

Goal: Book titles that fit onto 26 letters of the alphabet.

Result: I read books with titles starting with 21 letters of the alphabet (same as in 2021).

Try again this year!

 

2022 Nonfiction Reader Challenge hosted by Book'd Out.

Goal: 12 nonfiction books (Nonfiction Nosher category)

Result: I read 13 nonfiction books that fit into 9 of the 12 categories.

Success!

 


Diversity Reading Challenge 2022 hosted by Celebrity Readers.

Goal: 40

Result: 45 (I read 33 diverse books in 2021), and I hit 8 of the 12 mini-challenge categories.

Success!

 

Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge hosted by Mom's Small Victories

Goal: No particular goal, but in 2021, my books took me to 36 different places outside the U.S., in 17 different countries

Result: 16 books set outside the U.S. in 15 different places (including Venus, Mars, and the moon - ha ha!)

Success, but I'd like to read more globally in 2023.

 

2022 Literary Escapes Challenge hosted by Escape with Dollycas Into a Good Book.

Goal: Nothing specific, but I read books set in 23 different states in 2021.

Result: I read books set in 25 different states.

Success, but I'd like to read even more geographically broadly in 2023.

 

Big Book Summer Challenge hosted by Book By Book (me!)

(Note that you only need to read one Big Book of 400 or more pages to participate)

Goal: No specific goal, but I read 12 books for Big Book Summer 2021.

Result: I read 13 Big Books in summer 2022!

Success!


Readers Imbibing Peril XVI Challenge:

Goal: No particular goal, but I read 11 RIP books in fall 2021.

Result: I read 15 RIP books in Fall 2022.

Success!

 


Fall Into Reading Challenge, featuring Book Bingo, hosted on YouTube by:

Goal: BINGO!

Result: I filled 10 of the 12 spaces, with BINGO in lots of different directions!

Success!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your reading achievements! Thanks for participating in the Nonfiction Reader Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be signing up again this week (running a bit behind).

      Delete
  2. Job well done on your reading challenges! You are like me and enjoy the chase of the challenge, but don't worry too much if you don't complete them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly right, Helen! I need more fun and less stress in my life :)

      Delete