Friday, February 13, 2015

Books Read in January





January was a bit chaotic here, with our college son home sick all month (two months, actually), and our younger son recovering from a concussion. So, I got behind in a lot of things (including my blogs!), but I still managed to read. I read 7 books in January:




I read 7 books last month, and wow! So many amazing books! What a great way to start the year - this is going to be a great reading year for me. My favorite book read in January? So hard to choose! I re-read one of my top 5 favorites of all time, The Poisonwood Bible, and still loved it, but I was also blown away by Life After Life...so it's a tie! Five of my books were for adults, with two for middle-grade readers - no teen/YA last month. Two were audiobooks and two were graphic novels. And it was mostly an all-fiction month, though Smile is autobiographical.

I finally signed up for my 2015 Reading Challenges - here is a summary of my goals. I spent about half of my reading month in the UK, but I also kicked off my 2015 Where Are You Reading Challenge with 3 US states and the Congo. I started my Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2015 with 3 books from my own shelves. I made a special effort last month to tackle some of those that I hope to continue! I listened to two audio books for my 2015 Audio Book Challenge. I kicked off my 2015 Nonfiction Reading Challenge with one memoir. I read one book for my Back to the Classics Challenge 2015, and I categorized it as a novella. And for my Travel the World in Books Challenge, started in September 2014, I visited the Belgian Congo last month.

What was your favorite book(s) read in January? 

No comments:

Post a Comment