Thursday, September 25, 2014

Books Read in August





Well, I am really living up to my motto this month: Better late than never! It's almost October, and I am just now posting my summary of books read in August - it's just been that kind of month!



I was still focusing on my Big Book Summer Challenge in August, so I only finished 5 books, but a whopping 3 of them were Big Books (over 400 pages). Here's what I read:
  • Good Fortune by Noni Carter, a teen/YA novel (TN/OH)
  • The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer, adult fiction (MA/NY)
  • In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang, teen/YA graphic novel (AZ) 

  • The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, adult fiction (NY)
  • In the End by Demitria Lunetta, teen/YA novel on audio (TX/KS)

 So, it was another all-fiction month, but I read a nice mix of adult, teen/YA, graphic novel, and audio. I enjoyed all of these, but my favorite was The Goldfinch. I was reluctant to read it but so glad my book group chose it - it really grabbed me.

I added three new states to my Where Are You Reading Challenge 2014 this month (not bad for the end of the year when so many are repeats). I read just 1 book from my TBR shelves for my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge in August - I have really not done well on this one so far this year! I listened to one more audio book for my 2014 Audio Book Challenge, bringing my total to 13, so that one's going well so far. Nothing in August for my The Classics Reading Challenge or Nonfiction Reading Challenge 2014. I did complete my own Big Book Summer Challenge, with a total of five big books (each over 400 pages) read this summer!

What was your favorite book(s) read in August? 

1 comment:

  1. I never did my August post. I figure I'll do an August/September combined one at this point. I didn't read much in August, anyway. I really need to make time to read Goldfinch! Maybe I'll try to get my book club to read it early next year!

    ReplyDelete