At the start of the summer, I set out a plan to read 6 Big Books (i.e. over 400 pages) this summer - you can check out my proposed list here.
As of bedtime last night, I read the last page of my 5th Big Book for the summer! I had to make some changes to my plans when I discovered that one of my book groups chose The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt to discuss on September 4. So, I subbed that for my last two (since it is almost 800 pages!). It was a good swap - I loved The Goldfinch, and now I am all ready for our discussion on Thursday.
So, here are the 5 Big Books I read this summer:
- Emma by Jane Austen, 487 pages (I have never read a Jane Austen!)
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer, 538 pages
- Good Fortune by Noni Carter, 482 pages
- Unsouled by Neal Schusterman, 404 pages
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, 771 pages
Did you read any Big Books this summer?
If you signed up for the Big Book Summer Challenge, be sure to stop by the challenge page and leave links to your big book reviews and/or your wrap-up post (though a wrap-up isn't required). Hope you had fun reading your big books this summer - I did!