Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Movie Trailer

I had the TV on this morning while reading my e-mail when I was surprised by a movie trailer for the U.S. version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.  Take a look:



I think it looks pretty good, and the casting looks pretty good (though the actress playing Lisbeth is too tall, a common Hollywood mistake), but I really think it was totally unnecessary to remake this movie because the Swedish version was excellent (with even better casting).  I guess some people won't watch a movie with subtitles.

Anyway, it is due out on 12/21/11 (much sooner than I expected), and I will definitely go see it, since I loved the books.

What do you think?

(NOTE:  I also posted the new movie trailer for The Hunger Games adaptation on Great Books for Kids and Teens.)

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit I was skeptical about "Americanizing" the story as the Swedish movie trilogy was very good and Noomi Rapace was fantastic as Lisbeth. I'll now admit...this looks good, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having seen the Swedish Movies and having read the books, my expectations were understandably low for an American Re-make. Noomi Rapace is Lisbeth Salander for everyone who has seen the Swedish movies.
    American re-makes of AMERICAN movies are usually dismal shadows of the REAL movies they depict. This is usually multiplied many times over if the movie is a treasured classic. The greater the movie, the more deplorable the re-make.

    ReplyDelete