Thursday, November 30, 2017

Books Read in October

Sigh - even further behind this month! But really not bad, considering we were just away (and not blogging) for 10 days. October was a great reading month, almost entirely focused on creepy, suspenseful books for my R.I.P. Challenge:
  • Horizon, book 1, by Scott Westerfeld - middle-grade sci fi audiobook
  • Artemis by Andy Weir (the moon) - adult sci fi
  • If I Run by Terri Blackstock (La.) - adult thriller audiobook




So, that's 7 books in all in October, and it was an all-fiction month (I made up for it with all nonfiction this month). Three were audiobooks (a good audio month for me). I enjoyed all of them but some more than others. I think my favorite was Before the Fall, though Artemis was a close second (sorry - I reviewed that for Shelf Awareness but they haven't published my review yet - the book is out now). Just one middle-grade novel and all the rest were adult novels, with a bunch of sci fi and suspense for my R.I.P. Challenge - I love that seasonal theme reading!

Progress on 2017 Reading Challenges:
This is my favorite part of my monthly summary - updating my Reading Challenges! Only 1 of my 7 books was from my own shelves for my Read Your Own Damn Books Challenge - yikes. For the Monthly Motif Reading Challenge, October was Games, Contests & Challenges, so I chose Artemis.
I read another classic finally and added it for my 19th century classic in the 2017 Back to the Classics Challenge. Nothing new to add to the Well-Rounded Challenge because the categories are almost filled now. Just Italy (and a bunch more books set in the UK) for my Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge. For my 2017 Literary Escapes Challenge, I added just one more state, Louisiana. And, of course, I added 6 more books to my R.I.P. Challenge.

Finally, Bookish Bingo hosted by Chapter Break - not really a challenge per se, but a fun game that I play each month. I filled in 18 spaces in October -



Spaces filled in:
Horizon - in a series, friends/squad, audiobook
Artemis - humor/sassy/sarcasm
If I Run - free book, deception
Before the Fall - shelf love, cemetery, reluctant hero
Local Girl Missing - spooky, love triangle
The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto - pets, library book
The Invisible Man - festival, bad boy, outcast, costumes
Free Space

What was your favorite book read in October?     

1 comment:

  1. You did so well on the RIP Challenge! And 7 books is good for a month. I look forward to your November post (no pressure).

    ReplyDelete