Here's what we read last week:
- I am in the middle of a new review book (due out in May), 'Round Midnight by Laura McBride, author of the highly acclaimed We Are Called To Rise (which I haven't read yet). This new novel is about four women in Las Vegas whose lives are intertwined. I was enjoying it but had to set it aside temporarily (which I NEVER do!). I will get back to it later today.
- I set that one aside to read a novel for my neighborhood book group meeting this Wednesday. My library request has STILL not come in, but a neighbor lent me her copy. We are reading The Whip by Karen Kondazian, a novel based on the real-life story of Charley Parkhurst, a woman who moved out West in the 1800's and pretended to be a man in order to work as a stagecoach driver. It's been very interesting, though also heartbreaking to read about the losses she suffered.
- I am still waiting for an audio copy of Anne Frank Remembered: the Story of the Woman Who Helped to Hide the Frank Family by Miep Glies and Alison Leslie Gold from the library (my own downloaded audio quit partway through!).
- In the meantime, I just started a new middle-grade audiobook, The Scourge by Jennifer Nielson. I've only just started it, but it's about a dystopian world where a disease is ravaging its citizens and one young girl learns some secrets while being held in a quarantine colony.
- My husband, Ken, finished the latest Jack Reacher book by Lee Child, Night School, from his favorite author & series.
- Now, Ken is reading another Christmas gift from me, The Trespasser by Tana French, the latest in her books about the Dublin Murder Squad. He loves her literary murder mysteries. I have only read the first one so far - I have some catching up to do!
- Jamie, 22, has been reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. He is up to book 3, The Dragon Reborn, and enjoying it, though his reading slowed down last week as he got hooked on the TV show Quantico and binge-watched all of it!
TV Tuesday: Good Girls Revolt, a stunningly good show set in 1969.
Summary of Books Read in December - a good reading month!
Summary of 2016 Reading Challenges - win some, lose some, they were all fun!
Saturday Snapshot: Rare sunshine on a winter hike
What are you and your family reading this week?
What Are You Reading Monday is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date, so head over and check out her blog and join the Monday fun! You can also participate in a kid/teen/YA version hosted by Unleashing Readers.