Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Books Read in December

Finally getting to my December summary on January 18th - hey, I've done much worse before!

December, of course, was super-hectic with the holidays, two trips to visit family, and my sons home from college. But I managed to read 5 books, including one Big Book left from my Big Book Summer Challenge, so it was a good reading month for me:


I finished a total of 5 books in December, capping off the year with some good ones! It was mostly an adult fiction month, with one memoir and one teen/YA novel thrown in for good measure. Two were audio books. I enjoyed all of these, though some more than others. My favorite was Orange Is the New Black. My husband and I love the TV show on Netflix, but the original memoir was excellent - moving, well-written, funny, and highlighting some important issues in our criminal justice system, too. I hope Piper will write more. LaRose gets Honorable Mention for best fiction of the month.

Progress on 2016 Reading Challenges:
This is my favorite part of my monthly summary - updating my Reading Challenges! I read 2 more TBR books in December for my Read Your Own Damn Books Challenge. For the Monthly Motif Reading Challenge, December was finish or continue a series - I didn't do that, but I did start a new series (The Outliers).  I read one memoir for my 2016 Nonfiction Reading Challenge which brings my nonfiction total for the year up to 11. No classics for the 2016 Classics Challenge. For my Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge, I added 2 books set in Burma 9that was a unique one) and the UK. I am also tracking the states my books are set in, even though there is no Where Are You Reading challenge this year, and I two more states - Maine and North Dakota. And To Say Nothing of the Dog was the Big Book left over from my Big Book Summer Challenge this summer (493 pages), so i am glad I finally got to that one!

Look for my 2016 Reading Challenges Wrap-up tomorrow!


What was your favorite book read in December?

No comments:

Post a Comment