I've been tagged by Anne of My Head is Full of Books to complete The Happiness Tag. Actually, Anne tagged me way back in August (this is why I don't normally do these kinds of things anymore!). It's taken me a long time to find the time to squeeze in an extra post, but Anne is a good friend, and I wanted to give a shout-out to other blogging friends as well! As Anne mentioned on her post, she and I feel as if we are real-life friends, even though we live on opposite ends of the country! I urge you to check out her blog - it is warm, interesting, and always entertaining.
1. List 5 things that make you happy.
2. List 5 songs that make you happy.
3. List 5 bloggers that make you happy and let them know that they have been nominated.
OK, here goes...
5 Things That Make Me Happy
- My husband and kids (now young adults)
- Being outdoors (I am writing this on my back deck)
- My friends, especially when I am able to enjoy the outdoors with my friends!
- Travel - this goes along with #2 because we are usually camping & enjoying the outdoors when we travel! Though we also love to discover good food on the road.
- Reading, of course! Nothing like losing yourself in an amazing book.
- Happy by Pharrell Williams (makes me dance!)
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor - an anthem! It came on the radio in my convertible yesterday, and I cranked up the volume and belted it out!
- Bohemian Rhapsody or really, anything at all by Queen - not really a happy song (the lyrics are actually kind of disturbing), but I can't help singing along at top volume!
- Best Day of My Life by American Authors - makes me smile - this one does have happy lyrics
- You Better You Bet by The Who - because it takes me back to high school and has really cool lyrics - actually, anything by The Who!
5 Bloggers That Make Me Happy
(keeping in mind that Anne, who nominated me, would normally be in my top 5!)
- Julie of My Book Retreat - she is another blogging friend who feels like a friend IRL. She's a mom, too, we share a lot of the same reading tastes, and I always enjoy visiting her blog.
- Tanya of Mom's Small Victories - besides our love of books and being moms to boys, Tanya is also battling an immune-related chronic illness like me. I don't know how she finds the time and energy for such an amazing blog! We have so much in common - I know we'd have a blast if we met in person.
- Ricki and Kellee of Unleashing Readers - though they are at the beginning of their motherhood journeys while I am almost done (though you are probably never done!), I LOVE Ricki and Kellee's contagious enthusiasm about books & reading, especially for kids. I always look forward to visiting their blog!
- Beth Fish Reads - we both love books of all kinds, cooking, fresh produce, and eating tasty foods. Her blog posts always make me smile and are interesting and original.
- Tanya at Girlxoxo - I've been enjoying Tanya's blog for years. She is another mom who loves a wide variety of books (see a pattern here?). I am absolutely in awe of her polished, professional blog and gorgeous photos, and her posts are always unique and enticing!
Feel free to join in the fun even if I didn't tag you (it was hard to choose only 5!). It makes you happy!