Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Books Read in September


No, that isn't a typo...it is now November, and I am just now getting to my summary of books read in September! I read a lot in September & October but was sick most of the time, so I got way behind on my reviews - almost caught up now.


September was a BIG reading month for me - I read 9 books in all, which is a lot for me. Here's what I read:
 

 
This reading month was remarkable for me in several respects. First, I normally read only 5 - 7 books, so to finish 9 in a single month is quite a feat for me. And I normally read almost all fiction, but I read 3 nonfiction books in September. Other than that, it was a great mix, with 2 middle-grade novels, 2 teen/YA novels, 2 audio books, and even a graphic memoir. Best book of the month? I always hate making this choice! I guess if I have to choose, it would be Looking for Alaska by John Green, with honorable mentions to both middle-grade novels which were perfectly compelling while I was sick. I enjoyed all nine books, though.

Update on 2015 Reading Challenges:
For my 2015 Where Are You Reading Challenge, I added 2 new states (Texas and Alabama) and 2 new countries (Iran and...does Mars count??) to my list. I finally made some TBR progress and read 4 books from my own shelves for my Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2015! I listened to two more audio books for my 2015 Audio Book Challenge, and added 3 books to my 2015 Nonfiction Reading Challenge, including my first nonfiction of the year that was not a memoir! No new books for my Back to the Classics Challenge. I added Iran and Mars to my Travel the World in Books Challenge. And, best of all for fall, I read 4 books for my R.I.P. X Challenge - spooky, creepy, thriller-ish fun!

What was your favorite book(s) read in September? 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like September was awesome for you! I'm glad you are feeling well enough to catch up on your blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete