My husband gave me three novels I am dying to read, and my son gave me a cookbook I'm sure I will get a lot of use from:
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
- Close Your Eyes Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian
- Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
- 500 Paleo Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes for Weight Loss and Super Health by Dana Carpender (we switched to a Paleo diet this year because my son and I have an immune disorder and it's supposed to help)
I can't wait to dig into these!
I gave my husband:
- The Three by Sarah Lotz (one that I want to read, too!)
- Cockroaches by Jo Nesbo, one of his favorite authors
- And my son gave him: Fire in the Hole by Elmore Leonard, Book 2 that the TV show Justified is based on, which he loves.
We gave our college-aged son:
- Shadow of the Winter King by Erik Scott de Bie (Volume 1 in the World of Ruin series)
- Much Loved, with photographs by Mark Nixon, a book of portraits of favorite stuffed animals that have been overly loved with short bios of each - fabulous! I read most of it before I wrapped it.
- Far Side Gallery 4 by Gary Larson, one of his favorites
We gave my mother's husband, for his Christmas birthday:
- The Secret Life of Sharks: A Leading Marine Biologist Reveals the Mysteries of Shark Behavior by A. Peter Kimley (he loves sharks)
We also gave a few more books as gifts, but they haven't been received yet, so I'll keep those a secret for now.
Did you give and receive books for the holidays? Hope you are enjoying this joyous season!