So, we'll be staying home for Thanksgiving weekend, probably watching a lot of TV and movies to keep our son's spirits up, and of course, reading a lot! Here's what we've been reading this past week:
- I finished Haunters by Thomas Taylor, a teen/YA novel about a group of teens that can time travel via their dreams. It was entertaining but not outstanding.
- Now, I am reading my next book group pick, for my online family book group, The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis, a book I have wanted to read for years. It's very good so far.
- I am still listening to The Doubt Factory by Paolo Bacigalupi, a teen/YA thriller. The first half was very good - mysterious and fast-paced - but the second half is dragging and getting a bit preachy. I'm almost finished.
- My husband, Ken, is reading The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. This is one of our son's all-time favorites.
- Jamie, 20, now home sick, finished The Drowning City by Amanda Downum, Necromancer Chronicles Book 1.
- Now, Jamie's reading Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburn. He left his Kindle in his apartment at school, so we'll have to run down to get that for him.
Review of On a Clear Day by Walter Dean Myers, a teen/YA novel
Review of City of Light, City of Dark by Avi and Brian Floca, a middle-grade graphic novel
Summary of Books Read in October
Saturday Snapshot, with the last signs of fall in our neighborhood
Weekend Cooking, with several weeknight meals full of flavor!
What are you and your family reading this week?
What Are You Reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, with a kid/teen version hosted by Unleashing Readers.