Friday, November 21, 2014

Books Read in October





Wow, October was an amazing reading month for me! With Halloween, I focused on spooky, creepy books, though not exclusively. Here's what I read in October:


  • Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (MO), chilling thriller (thought I'd written that review!)
  • Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel, middle-grade graphic novel
  • Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (Switzerland), classic fiction


  • The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm, middle-grade audio book novel
  • Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown (WA), nonfiction
  • Uncaged: The Singular Menace by John Sanford & Michelle Cook (OR/CA), teen/YA audio book thriller


Wow, 12 books in one month! That is definitely a record for me. There were lots of audios and a couple of quickie graphic novels, so that helped. I usually one read about six books in a month. Lots of variety  here - 3 adult novels, one nonfiction, 4 middle-grade, and 4 teen/YA novels. I listened to a whopping 5 audio books in October! My favorite for the month? Tough one. I think Sharp Objects comes out on top, but it's a close race. I thought I'd almost finished my October reviews, but then I discovered I'd forgotten a couple of books on my list!

With all those books, I only added 3 new states and 1 new country to my Where Are You Reading Challenge 2014 this month. I read 4 more books from my TBR shelves for my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge but have still only read 12 TBR books this year - they just keep piling up! I listened to five more audio books for my 2014 Audio Book Challenge for a total of 21 so far this year - I am rocking that one! I added one nonfiction book to my Nonfiction Reading Challenge and one book for The Classics Reading Challenge. And for my new Travel the World in Books Challenge, just started in September, I read one more book.

What was your favorite book(s) read in October? 

No comments:

Post a Comment