It's Tuesday and that means it's Top Ten day over at The Broke and the Bookish. Stop by their blog to read all of the great lists this week!
Today's topic is Top Ten Books On My Shelf I'd Like to Play Hooky With. This is an easy one for me! My TBR shelves are always overflowing. And the thought of it - an entire day with nothing to do but read! - just makes my heart go pitter-patter. Maybe someday...
In the meantime I can dream. Here are the Top Ten Books On My Shelf I'd Like to Play Hooky With:
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen - I've been meaning to read this for ages, but it is a long one.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern - I bought this for my mom for Christmas, and she loved it and lent it to me (the best kind of gift!)
- Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks - a Christmas gift from my husband; I love Brooks' novels.
- Time and Again by Jack Finney - another Christmas gift from my hubby - I love time travel plots!
- Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand - my personal hero, since she became a best-selling writer while suffering with the same illness I have - this one has been on my shelf since LAST Christmas!
- The Lost Girls by Jennifer Baggett, Holly Corbett & Amanda Pressner - a memoir about travel - perfect for me.
- Emma by Jane Austen - yes, I STILL haven't read any Austen!
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King - dying to read this but it is a big commitment at almost 900 pages!
- The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver - recommended by pretty much everyone I know.
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford - the choice for our New Castle Country Reads program for April, I'm hoping to get to this one soon.
(If you'd like to see my list of Top Ten Kids/Teen/YA Books I Want to Play Hooky With, check out Great Books for Kids and Teens.)