It's Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is an intriguing one - authors I'd like to meet. I put some thought into this one and didn't just choose my favorite book authors (though many of them are) but ones I thought would be interesting to meet and talk with.
Here is my list of Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Meet:
- Rebecca Wells – I want to sit with her on a big porch, eat Cajun food, and talk to her about Louisiana, our mutually favorite place.
- Jodi Picoult – I’d love to talk to her about all the thought-provoking issues she brings up in her novels.
- Ken Grimwood – he wrote my favorite book of all time, Replay, and I’d love to talk to him about how we’d live our replays.
- Janet Evanovich – seems like she’d be a lot of fun and lots of laughs!
- Nevada Barr – we share a love of national parks – I would love to talk to her about her experiences as a park ranger and her suspense novels set in parks.
- Michael J. Fox – I loved his memoirs and would love to talk to him about living with chronic illness. Besides, he's got such a great sense of humor!
- Geraldine Brooks – I have loved every single one of her books.
- Toni Bernhard – this is sort of a cheat because I already know Toni well in the virtual world, but I would love to meet the author of the warm Zen guide How To Be Sick in person.
- Jennifer Haigh – I love her books.
- Stephen King – would be absolutely fascinating to chat with, don’t you think?
If you're interested in my list of Top Ten Authors of Kids/Teens/YA Books I'd Like to Meet, check out Great Books for Kids and Teens.
Which authors would YOU love to meet?