Friday, July 08, 2011

Books Read in June

A bit late on my monthly summary, but it's still hard to believe it's July already!  We spent most of June on vacation in California, so I enjoyed some great books but wrote very few reviews (well, to be precise, only 1 review!).

Here's what I finished reading in June:
  • My So-Called Family by Courtney Sheinmel, a middle-grade novel.
  • Deadly: How do you catch an invisible killer? by Julie Chibbaro, a teen novel about Typhoid Mary.
  • Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult, a novel about a woman who discovers her childhood isn't what she thought it was.
  • Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, a wonderful teen road trip novel.
  • Little Bee by Chris Cleave, a novel about two very different women whose lives intersect unexpectedly.
And I guess that's it.  I started two audio books, one for teens and one for middle-grade readers, but I haven't finished either one yet.  And technically, I finished Little Bee at about midnight on July 1 on our way home, but I counted it as June.

So, that's a nice mix of fiction:  1 middle-grade novel, 2 teen/YA novels, and 2 grown-up novels.  No non-fiction this month nor finished audios.

I've reviewed only one of these books so far and still haven't completed reviews of everything I read in May!  Since I'm so far behind, I think I will just try to write some mini reviews next week to get caught up and take the pressure off.

It's always tough to pick a favorite, but I guess it would be Little Bee by Chris Cleave.  It was a unique story and very thought-provoking, which I always enjoy.

Where Are You Reading update:  I also got behind on my Where Are You Reading map this month, and I don't like to add new pins to it until I can include review links, so I'll hold off on that for today.  The books I read this month were located in:

  • My So-Called Family  - CT, I think?
  • Deadly: How do you catch an invisible killer? - NYC
  • Vanishing Acts - Massachusetts and New Mexico
  • Amy and Roger's Epic Detour  - it's about a road trip across the US, so lots of locations, but it starts in California and ends in CT
  • Little Bee - Nigeria and London
Another good month for books for me.  What was your favorite book read in June?

1 comment:

  1. Little Bee was a favorite read of mine. I did not expect to love it. It's one of the few books I may reread some day.

    ReplyDelete