Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ten Favorite Novels

TEN FOR TUESDAY!

Today I'm starting a new feature on my book blog, Ten for Tuesday. On select Tuesdays, I'll feature my own personal top 10 list - a different topic each time. I'm kicking this off with my Top 10 Favorite Novels. This was a hard list to whittle down, so I stuck with books I've read in the last 4 years (since I started a book journal to keep track) and only grown-up novels - I'll cover my favorite kid and YA novels another time.

These are novels that stuck with me long after I closed them, where I came to care about the characters and lived in their world for awhile. So, here they are, in no particular order:

Is your top 10 list different than mine? Do you agree with some of my choices? Tell me which novels are your personal favorites!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, My Sister's Keeper and The Time Traveller's Wife would also be on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love lists! Rob from High Fidelity is my ideal mate, just because of the list-making tendencies.

    1. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery

    2. Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
    3. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

    4. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

    5. We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates

    6. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

    7. The Way the Crow Flies, by Ann-Marie Macdonald

    8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett

    9. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory (guilty pleasure!)

    10. Goodnight Nobody, by Jennifer Weiner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I read and loved Haigh's Baker Towers. I'm always talking about this book and have never met anybody else who's read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I completely agree with My Sister's Keeper, but I have to say that Water for Elephants was not my favorite.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess -

    Yes, I wasn't sure about including Water for Elephants. I enjoyed it very much, as did the rest of my book group, but it certainly didn't affect me or stick with me as powerfully as some of the others (like My Sister's Keeper).

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Sue. I love this new feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read 3/4 of your list - I keep hearing about Like Water for Elephants, so I've put it on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED: Kite Runner, One Mississippi and She's Come Undone. Great List!

    ReplyDelete