Friday, January 05, 2024

What Do YOU Want in My Monthly Newsletter?


If you subscribe to my e-mail list,  then you receive each of my blog posts in your e-mail inbox, plus a monthly newsletter that I write, with exclusive content just for subscribers, usually sent on the 1st or 2nd of each month.

I've been sending out monthly newsletters to the mailing list for the past 15 months now, and to kick off the new year, I'd like to hear your feedback on what YOU want to see in the newsletter ... or if you don't read it at all. Whether you are a current subscriber who gets the newsletter or are just signing up for the e-mail list for the first time, I want to hear from you!

Currently, I usually include the following topics in the newsletter that gets emailed at the start of each new month:

  • Book Quote of the Month - a quote that resonated with me, from a book I read.
  • Blog of the Month - a link to someone else's book blog and what I like about it.
  • BookTube Channel - my recommendation for a book channel on YouTube or podcast.
  • My Reading Life - what's up in my life, what I've been reading recently, seasonal challenges or events I'm participating in.
  • A Look Back on the Blog - an older post from my blog that is still relevant, perhaps something seasonal.

 

 Please let me know what you think:

Do you read the monthly newsletter at all or just delete it?

Which features do/would you enjoy?

Which features do/would you skip?

What would YOU like to see in the newsletter?

 

I spend a lot of time each month writing the newsletter, and I want it to reflect what YOU want to get in your inbox. Please tell me your thoughts!

You can leave a comment on this blog post (click on "Post a Comment") or e-mail me at sljackson@suzanjackson.com with your feedback.

You can also connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't realize you had a monthly newsletter related to books! I thought it was for others suffering from chronic illness! (Of which I'm wondering if I may be one soon, if not already, BTW.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, Laurie - sorry to hear you may also have a chronic illness. If you're struggling with finding a diagnosis, let me know - been through it all! If you click View My Complete Profile in the sidebar, there's an e-mail link. I'd be happy to help. And, yes, I have a separate blog for living with chronic illness, and that also has a monthly newsletter - I sent one out for each of my e-mail lists. Though, yours is the only response I got to this, so maybe no one is reading the books newsletter!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sue! I have your book, too!
      As for the books newsletter, it's just so hard to keep up with reading newsletters, even though I actually love newsletters (and annual Christmas letters)! I'm subscribed or have been subscribed to several Substacks and author newsletters, but I fall behind in reading all of them. The mindless scrolling through social media is what I really need to give up to get some of my reading time back!

      Delete
    3. I hear you, Laurie! It's the same for me. And I very much appreciate the feedback because no one else even responded! So, I guess I will probably discontinue the newsletter - that's some valuable writing time I was spending on it every month.

      Delete