Thursday, December 28, 2023

Books for Christmas!


I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. I've been on a bit of a break while juggling all the Christmas preparations and festivities, but I wanted to share with you the books that we gave and received this Christmas. We are a reading family! I have photos and a short video below.   

Here are the books (and one DVD set for camping) I gave to my husband:

 


And the hefty books we gave to our fantasy-loving oldest son (youngest son doesn't enjoy reading; I'd question his genetics, but he looks just like me!):

 


And I also picked out books for my mother, based on my own favorite books and authors:

  • Kindred by Octavia Butler (my review at the link)
  • The River We Remember by William Kent Krueger (I haven't read this one yet, but I wasn't sure if my mom had already read This Tender Land and Ordinary Grace - she hadn't, so those could be future gifts! This one takes place in the 1950's, so she was excited about that.)

 My mother's husband's birthday is on Christmas Day (his sister's, too!), so for him, I picked out:

  • River of the Gods by Candice Millard (I gave him River of Doubt by Millard years ago, and he enjoyed that very much.)

And, finally, my own stack from my family! This year, rather than list specific books (they like a list from me since they don't always know what I've already read), I gave them a list of authors I have never tried before and said "anything from any of these authors." Look at all the great books I received from my family:

 


I can't wait to dive into all of these! Here is a short video, where I briefly talk about each of the books I received:


 

So, that's us!

Did YOU get any books as gifts this holiday season?

What are you looking forward to reading? 

4 comments:

  1. Two of the books you got are ones I loved: Homegoing and Wish You Were Here. I look forward to hearing what you think of them! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! I can't wait to read them!

      Delete
  2. I read and loved all of the books you received except for the Andrew Weil book and the Jodi Picoult (whose books I haven't kept up with, but Wish You Were Here sounds good!) My husband tidied up so soon after the holiday that I never took my own Christmas book haul picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good - I can't wait to read them all!

      Delete