Saturday, September 09, 2023

2023 Big Book Summer Wrap-Up


The 2023 Big Book Summer Challenge officially wrapped up on September 4, ending its 11th year! I host this challenge every summer and always enjoy participating in it myself. You can read all the details at the challenge page linked above, but the basic idea is to read books of 400 pages or longer between the end of May and the beginning of September - just one or a few or as many as you want!  First, I'll wrap-up the whole challenge here and then tell you about my Big Book Summer. You can also watch my Big Book Summer Wrap-Up Video.

Participants in the Big Book Summer Challenge:

We had a record number of 60 participants this year! Of those, 23 people participated through their blogs and YouTube channels, and 37 readers participated through the Goodreads group, though everyone enjoyed the book discussions on Goodreads all summer long. You can still visit the group to see what everyone else read for their Big Book Summers. There's a Wrap-Up thread there, if you want to share what you read. And if you have a blog or YouTube channel, the links list on the challenge page is still open for reviews or wrap-ups.

The winner of the annual Big Book Summer Giveaway is ...

Greg of Another Bibliophile Reads YouTube channel

He will be receiving a gift certificate from Bookshop.org, a great website where you can buy books conveniently online while supporting indie bookstores.

Congratulations, Greg!

And a Big Book Congratulations to everyone who participated in the challenge this year! 

Whether your goal was to read one Big Book or as many as possible, I hope you had fun reading and sharing your reading adventures through the challenge. If you missed it this year, you can sign up for Big Book Summer 2024 next May 24! 

My Big Book Summer:

I look forward to Big Book Summer all year and devote my entire summer to reading bigger books. This year, I read a total of fourteen Big Books (a new record for me), half in print and half on audio (links go to my reviews):


How was YOUR summer reading?

6 comments:

  1. You did so well on your Big Books! I'll go post my wrap up on the linky right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Listening to Big Books on audio really helps :) Some of these print books had been on my shelves for a while so that's a win, too!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Greg! WOW, 14, that is incredible! I didn't even think to look at the pages from the books I "read" on audio! That is a great idea for next summer though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, audios definitely count! Half of my Big Books this summer were audios. Glad to hear you're already thinking about Big Book Summer 2024!

      Delete
  3. Wow, 14 big books in one too short summer! And I was feeling smug with getting 3 done (though I did have a 4th that I didn't finish until last weekend). Thanks, as always, for hosting this wonderful challenge. Always fun to see what other big books fellow readers are willing to tackle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 (or 4) is great! So glad you enjoyed it again :)

      Delete