Friday, September 09, 2011

Books Read in August

September 9 already?  Wow, the past two weeks have been filled with such a flurry of activity, they just flew by in a blur!  So, I am finally getting around to my August summary.  I finished six books last month:
That's not bad for a busy month, especially since The Passage had almost 800 pages and a few weeks ago, I began another almost-1000 page book!

So, that's just two grown-up books finished, one fiction and one nonfiction, plus two middle-grade novels and two teen novels, both audios - a nice mix.

I enjoyed all of these books very much.  My favorite?  I guess that would have to be The Passage.  And wonder of wonders, I have actually written and posted reviews of all of these, except The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks which I am purposely waiting to write until after our book group discussion next week.  In fact, I've found that reading several huge books that last for weeks has allowed me to catch up on my review backlog.

Where Are You Reading? Summary:  With all those new reviews, I added several new locations to my map this month: Colorado (2), Tennessee, Montana, Nigeria, and France.  So that brings my totals for the year to 13 different states and 7 countries.  I have also discovered that many books are set in England, New York, and Connecticut!


View Where I Am Reading 2011 in a larger map

What were your favorite books read last month?


No comments:

Post a Comment