Saturday, March 24, 2018

Saturday Snapshot: Annapolis


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads.

When I posted my last Saturday Snapshot 2 weeks ago, A Tale of Two March Storms, I never imagined we would get two MORE March snowstorms, for a total of 4 Nor'easters in 3 weeks...but we did! I'm not going to post more snow photos, though, because I am so sick of winter, and it is now officially spring (though we did get a foot of snow on the First Day of Spring).

My husband and I took a mini vacation last weekend. I kept the destination a surprise until we were almost there, and we enjoyed a wonderful three days in...Annapolis, MD! It's a lovely waterfront town we'd never been to before, and we loved it. LOTS of walking, beautiful water views, brick Old Town area, and lots and lots of amazing food! I will save the food for a separate Weekend Cooking post, but here are some highlights from the non-food parts of the trip:

Heading south over the Susquehanna River - where are we going?

We stayed at a lovely inn right in Old Town - great Main Street!

Blue skies & sunshine on Sunday - lovely views of the harbor.

We visited the Maritime Museum in an old oyster packing plant.

Getting ready for boating season! (bet they weren't happy with the snow this week)

Selfie in front of the Maritime Museum on a gorgeous day!

View from our hotel room - over the town and to the Bay!

LOTS of sailboats going in and out of the harbor!

The Maryland State House was our national capitol for one year.

The Naval Academy is right there - the town filled with cadets in uniform Sunday night!

The Maryland State House at dusk, through the narrow bricked streets
Hope you are enjoying a great weekend! The sun is shining here, so hopefully our snow will melt soon!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great getaway and brief relief from the storms. I hope this latest nor'easter is the last one this winter.
    My Saturday Snapshot post features the beautiful plants of Kauai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Sandra!!! Still very cold here but we did see some sun today!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to spend a weekend. I've been through Maryland several times, but I've never really explored the state. Maybe the next time we get to the East Coast....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we love Maryland! So much variety - mountains, beaches, great cities & lots of history. Hope you get to explore it a bit.

      Delete