Here's an overview of the books we gave each other this year:
It was a very good Christmas for me - I got 3 books that I can't wait to read!
(not sure why the bottom of the books look straight and the top looks slanted in this photo - some kind of weird optical illusion!)
- When She Woke by Hillary Jordan - I loved Mudbound
- Mr. Peanut by Adam Ross - Been hearing great things about this one for years!
- Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead - on almost every Top 10 of 2016 list
My husband really hauled in the books this year, from both my son and I - these should keep him busy for a while!
- Run by Andrew Grant - a thriller
- A Life Well Played by Arnold Palmer - a collection of essays by the golf great
- Dust by Hugh Howey - #3 in the fabulous Wool series
- Night School by Lee Child - the latest in my husband's favorite series
- The Trespasser by Tana French - the latest by another favorite author that started with In the Woods
Oh, and I also got my husband this one:
Yeah, the title makes you do a double-take! Rest assured - it is just a book with gorgeous photos of cabins in beautiful remote places. As my son said, "That's perfect for Dad!" He has been flipping through it and daydreaming of a little place in the woods.
For Our Son (22 years old):
Our son loves to read and loves epic fantasy series.
That's the next two books in a new favorite series (plus some Far Side fun):
- The Great Hunt and The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan, books 2 & 3 in the epic Wheel of Time series
- The Far Side Gallery 3 by Gary Larsen - a tradition to give him a cartoon book for Christmas, and he loves The Far Side (who doesn't?)
Enjoy the rest of the season, and have a Happy New Year!