|My husband reading aloud to our son in our camper|
Reading aloud is a great way to connect with your kids after a busy day - and there's no need to stop when they learn to read themselves! We continued reading aloud with our sons, now 17 and 21, until they were into their teens, and we enjoyed some wonderful books that way.
You can read my full article at the link, and here are links to my reviews of some of the books I recommended:
- The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins
- Lionboy trilogy by Zizou Corder
- Alabama Moon by Watt Key
- The Tiger Rising and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
- Hide & Seek by Katy Grant
- Airball: My Life in Briefs by L.D. Hardraker
What are some of your favorite read-aloud books for older kids?