I am late as usual with my monthly reading summary, though I have a good excuse this time! I have been very sick and am just starting to come back to life & catch up on my reviews (among a million other things I got behind on!). I am excited to finally do this summary because I made some good progress on my reading challenges in August. Here's what I read:
- Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver, novel (VA)
- Crows and Cards by Joseph Helgerson, middle-grade audio (MO)
- Anne of Green Gables by H.M. Montgomery, classic middle-grade novel (Canada)
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby, teen/YA audio (IL)
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin, novel (MA)
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, classic novel (UK)
- What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott, teen/YA novel (NY) - review to come
So, I read seven books total, which is quite a bit for me! They were all fiction (pretty normal for me), but I read a nice mix of adult, YA, and middle-grade novels - some books and some audio. I enjoyed all of these. My choice for favorite book of the month is a tie between Anne of Green Gables and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. I loved both of them and never wanted them to end!
Update on 2015 Reading Challenges:
For my 2015 Where Are You Reading Challenge, I added just 1 new state (Missouri) and 1 new country (Canada) to my list. I finally made some TBR progress and read 3 books from my own shelves for my Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2015! I listened to two more audio books for my 2015 Audio Book Challenge, and added no books to my 2015 Nonfiction Reading Challenge. I read 2 classics last month - woohoo! - for my Back to the Classics Challenge. I added Canada to my Travel the World in Books Challenge (does that count?). And I read two more big books for my own Big Book Summer Challenge and met my goal of 6 big books this summer - hey, that's the important one, right?
What was your favorite book(s) read in August?