Saturday, February 14, 2015

Saturday Snapshot 2/14


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.

Happy Valentine's Day! But more importantly, Happy Mardi Gras Weekend! They fall on the same day this year, so I started the day wearing red, with heart earrings and heart socks. Tonight, I will swap to purple, green, and gold for our annual Mardi Gras party! If you want to celebrate, too, check out my tips and recipes (you've got until Tuesday, Mardi Gras Day).

So, in honor of our favorite holiday, here are a few pics from the real Mardi Gras, back in the 80's when we lived in New Orleans:

Balcony in the French Quarter on Mardi Gras Day

Awesome clown costume in the Quarter

A float moving down Canal Street

My mom and I in front of a float waiting on a side street for its parade

Me & my husband and my mom and her husband on Mardi Gras Day (1988?)

Hope you have a great weekend, and a Happy Valentine's Day & Happy Mardi Gras!

5 comments:

  1. I've never been to New Orleans during Mardi Gras, but I'm sure it's a crazy-fun time. Love your colorful photos, especially that giant gator. Have fun at your party!
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, such atmosphere, it all looks so fun. I do especially love that clown costume- I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahh so much fun! I have always wanted to go to New Orleans, mainly because of the food haha. I've also just found the culture there very different from other places, and it's just so interesting and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great! I've never been to New Orleans but this would be fabulous to see! Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup and hope you join us again this weekend! Pinning to our linkup board.

    ReplyDelete